Saturday 12 October 2013

NEWSLINK: New Jersey: Mystery of the decapitated cats

In a twisted mystery that has spooked a quiet Pemberton Township neighborhood, two black cats were decapitated, their intestines yanked out and wrapped around the animals' hind legs. Then they were carefully placed in the driveway of a North Lakeshore Drive home. 

The woman who found them in her driveway is uneasy. She and her husband have lived in the house for 10 years without problems. 

"This is a good neighborhood. We have good kids live here. I don't understand why anyone would do this to us. Really, I don't," said the woman, who asked that her name not be published. 

"It was on Friday morning," she said. "I was going out to hang my Halloween flag, and I saw these black things in the driveway. I thought they might be raccoons. But I got closer, and I could see they were cat bodies, and they had no heads." 

She called the police, who turned the case over to Burlington County SPCA Chief Richard Forberg. On Tuesday, Forberg led a team of armed investigators through the woodsy neighborhood along Mirror Lake, searching for the missing cat heads, and "possibly other remains of other animals." read more

No comments:

Post a Comment