Tuesday 28 April 2015

NEWSLINK: UK: French cat found on a Hutton estate

MYSTERY surrounds how a French cat called Lucky turned up in the middle of a housing estate in Hutton.

Sherri Eckworth, who lives in Bonningtons off Hanging Hill Lane, was woken up at 6am on Thursday, April 9, by a strange noise outside her home.

The 46-year-old explained: "There is another cat that comes around the cul-de-sac and makes a noise so I said to my husband, 'Oh, it's that cat again'.

"But it didn't sound like it usually did, it was much quieter. It didn't seem like it was howling for a mate, it sounded like there was a problem.

"We went outside and it came running towards us then ran away again."

Sherri asked her husband, Grahame, to keep an eye out for the cat during the day.

She continued: "That evening it was howling and mewing outside a lot and our dogs were going ballistic.

"I opened the front door and it bombed into our house. It went round the kitchen and round my legs, as if it was my long-lost cat.

"It was purring like mad and then it shot back out again. It was obviously scared and skittish and I also had a chance to feel its back and I felt it was thin and definitely did not have a collar."

No comments:

Post a Comment