Tuesday 19 November 2019

NEWSLINK: Alaska’s feline Bigfoot? Mountain lion sightings reported in Delta Junction

Joel Holbrook figured his dog was barking at a moose.

Holbrook looked out the window one morning a few weeks ago and saw immediately he was wrong. The animal in his yard, about 5 miles north of Delta Junction, was a light-colored cat with a big, long tail.

This animal bounded across the yard toward Holbrook’s Australian shepherd “with three, like, really beautiful leaps,” he recalled this week.

This animal, he said, was a mountain lion.

It vanished as soon as Holbrook came outside. He got a good look from about 30 yards first.

“I freaked. I shouldn’t have," he said. "I ran for a weapon. I wish like mad I’d gone for a camera.”

At least three possible mountain lion sightings this fall in the Delta Junction area are raising questions about whether the reclusive cats are following deer north into Interior Alaska.

Read more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment