Tuesday 12 November 2019

NEWSLINK: Big cat spooks dogs, owner

It seems the big cats are everywhere right now.

There have been a few cougar sightings in the Valley recently with two in Armstrong within the last week.

Alina Jennifer McDougall spotted a cougar near the Tolko mill in Spallumcheen.

“I live across from Tolko so was on my way to Vernon at midnight to pick my boyfriend up from work and there was an enormous cougar standing in the ditch just staring at my car waiting to cross the road, this was exactly halfway between the turn off to Westridge Rock Quarry and the wood Spallumcheen sign,” said McDougall. “He headed east up the mountain after crossing the road behind my car.”

The encounter got the North Okanagan woman wondering about an incident a week earlier.

Read more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment