Saturday 31 January 2015

-NEWSLINK-Circus Tigers

Circus Tigers

You may think that when you see our former circus tigers lounging peacefully at Big Cat Rescue, hat we just had the connections or luck to be chosen as the retirement home for them. Maybe you have not even stopped to think on it. That’s ok. I’m Christy and I’ve been a volunteer for 3 ½ years and I’d like to tell you that it was neither luck, nor connections. It was much more. Let me share their story, which is also my story, and both have become a part of our collective history.
circus tigersAs a cat-lover, I came on my birthday 4 years ago for a much-anticipated tour. I had no idea how much it would get under my skin, and what my contribution to the sanctuary would be. Who would think I could make a difference? The day I went on the tour, was a pretty day in May and the founder happened to lead the tour. She mentioned that there are 300 big cats, many of which are hurting and exploited due to people being able to own them, that they are forced to turn away each year due to there not being enough room and funds. She -READ MORE LINK-http://bigcatrescue.org/circus-tigers-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment